When moving to a new place, a lot of questions and uncertainties linger in our minds. And it’s natural. Moving to a new place can be a huge decision and can be a tough one to make. So, if you are moving to Clermont Florida then it is understandable for you to ask, is Clermont Florida a good place to live?
Clermont, Florida, also known as the ‘choice of champions,’ is an excellent place to settle down with your family. Beautiful sights, fantastic weather, and a peaceful environment make it a great place to live. People also consider Clermont to be a good place to live because of the quick growth rate of the real estate market and affordability of living in the city.
You have to consider several things before finalizing Clermont as your hometown. All of which I will discuss in this article. So, I advise that you read till the end.
About Clermont Florida
Clermont is one of the top-notch cities in America. The city possesses many qualities that make it a perfect destination for people looking to settle down. The city is well-known for its stunning hills and lovely lakes. Any nature lover would be enticed by the magnificent combination of hills and lakes.
Some information about Clermont, FL:
- Clermont, Florida, is a beautiful town in Lake County. It is in Florida State of the USA.
- According to niche.com, 35,209 people live in Clermont. The median home value is 233,000$, and the median rent is 1,415$ in the area. The report also shows that the median household income is 64,736$ in the town.
- The climate of Clermont is mild. The weather generally stays warm. July is the hottest, and January is the coldest month of the town. Clermont gets an average of 52 inches of rain per year.
- There are plenty of schools in the town. Some of the town’s public schools are Lake Minneola High School, Pine Ridge Elementary School, and Lost Lake Elementary School. The city also has a good number of private schools with high ratings. Among them, Real Life Christian Academy, Family Christian Center School, etc., are notable.
- You can also get good medical facilities in the area. Orlando Health South Lake Hospital, Vanguard Medical Center, AdventHealth Celebration, Town Center Medical are some of the noteworthy hospitals.
- There are many options for outdoor recreation in the area. Some of the recreational spots are Lake Louisa State Park, Showcase of Citrus, Southern Hill Farms, and Presidents Hall of Fame.
Is Clermont Florida Safe?
Clermont is one of Florida’s safest cities. The crime rate is lower than in most American towns, and the number of violent crimes in the region is very low. Property crime is also lower compared to other cities of Florida.
The Police Department of Clermont works tirelessly to ensure a safe town for the community. The reliable and responsive police of the area play a significant role in crime prevention and public awareness. As a result, residents of the town can enjoy a secure environment without worrying about their safety. Several reports show that Clermont is a highly secured area.
- According to a report by neighborhoodscout.com, Clermont is 29% safer than other U.S cities.
- A report by SafeWise shows that Clermont has secured its position among Florida’s 50 safest cities in 2020.
- As stated in a report by bestplaces.net, violent crime and property crime in Clermont is 12.7 and 41.5, respectively, if ranked on a scale of 1 to 100.
Hence, from the data and statistics given above, it can be clearly said that Clermont is a safe place to live with your family. And, another good news is that crime rates in Clermont are steadily declining over time.
The Pros of Living in Clermont Florida
Some locations around the world are the ideal blend of natural beauty and livability. Clermont, Florida, is one of them. You can get many facilities by living in the city. A few of them are affordable costs of living, a beautiful environment, and many outdoor recreational activities.
Here are a few pros of living in Clermont, Florida-
1. City of sunshine and natural beauty
Weather serves as one of the deciding factors of whether a place is good for living or not. If you are a sunshine lover, this is the most significant advantage of living in Clermont for you. Clermont has perfectly moderated weather. The combination of rainfall and sunshine gifts the area spectacular nature.
The town is called ‘Gem of the hills.’ The green hills and blue water creates an eye-catching view for everyone. Being able to live in the arms of nature is one of the finest pros of living in the city for sure.
2. Plenty of job opportunities
The city is full of youth opportunities. As the real estate market is growing fast, it is opening a road for many real estate investors. It is also creating job opportunities for many. Hancock Real Estate is one of the highest-rated places to work in Clermont. There are also different sectors for jobs in the town.
So, you not only get to enjoy the beautiful surroundings of the town but can also secure your future by choosing the best suitable job from plenty of the job options in the city.
3. Affordable cost of living
Clermont offers its residents an affordable lifestyle. As I have mentioned earlier, the city has a rising job market. Also, you won’t have to pay any state income tax. On top of that, the medical and transportation facilities are also relatively lower than the national average.
Thus, you can easily get a well-paid job and can ensure a cozy lifestyle for you and your family.
4. Away from the hustle and bustle of Orlando
Being a tourist spot, Orlando is quite a busy city. Clermont is about 24 miles away from Orlando. The town is calm and peaceful, and there is not much crowd in the area.
But, you can also go to Disney World pretty quickly from Clermont and enjoy a fantastic time with your family and friends. The pleasant and relaxing environment is one reason why the town is a dream home location for many.
5. Numerous options for recreation
You can do loads of things in Clermont. The town is full of options for outdoor recreational activities. You will be able to have a delightful time with your loved ones in the city.
The following is a list of a few things to do in Clermont, FL-
- Visit Lake Louisa State Park, Lake Minneola, and Waterfront Park and enjoy with your family.
- Go to the Presidents Hall of Fame and Clermont’s Historic Village and get amazed to see the historical artifacts.
- You might also love to visit Crooked River Preserve, Magical jump, and Victory Pointy Park of Clermont.
According to areavibes.com, Clermont has a livability score of 82. It ranked 2373rd among cities in the United States, outperforming 91 percent of regions. The town offers many advantages to its inhabitants. Thus, Clermont is unquestionably a wonderful place to live.
By now I’m sure you have a proper idea of whether or not is Clermont Florida a good place to live. Going through the article, I’m sure you can see that Clermont is a wonderful place to settle down with your family with its affordable living costs, great environment and safe neighborhoods.
I hope this article was of help to you and helped you choose your next home. Thanks for reading and until next time, farewell.